Thread: So frustrated.
View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Apr 09, 2020 at 06:13 AM

I don't know if this is possible but it just really seems like eating a lot of food and especially chocolate seems to work well to reduce the pain. My only theory on it is that menopause has caused pain receptors to be more sensitive ( this is a known side effect ) and when I eat a lot of food especially chocolate these foods reduce pain receptors. Last Wednesday to Yesterday I was in pain almost all over my back area. Some because of exercise. But all of those days I was eating less food in an attempt to diet.

But I cheated on Tuesday night late before bed with chocolate.

Wednesday morning, I woke up for the first time in a long time not feeling wrecked.

Then as I went through the day on Wednesday... I noticed I felt amazing.

But this morning I definitely woke up "wrecked" again. It has been a long time since I ate. (last meal around 4 PM).

I am an expert dieter so I have definitely felt the feeling before of going on a diet and feeling like I lost all my padding but usually it would recover. Dieting in the past has caused changes to hormones early on. I wonder if that is happening here. Fasting or dieting causes a reduction in estrogen and that reduction causes pain. But eating (especially chocolate) causes an increase in estrogen.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote