View Single Post
MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Apr 10, 2020 at 12:25 PM

They say things always get worse before they get better. If you've stuffed your feelings for a long time, it'll be emotionally draining when you pull them back out.

A therapist can sometimes explain a root of a situation sooner. They can also validate whatever you've experienced as real and that it wasn't your fault.

I went to couple's counseling a few months back and this is how it happened for me. I realized my concerns were not just in my head. My feelings "were" valid, and that I had every reason to feel insecure and unstable in this relationship. It was a stepping stone.

I think coming here is a great idea. There's a lot of topics you can choose from to what resonates with you. I would then discuss your findings with a therapist. Pace yourself.

Be prepared though, you're not always going to come across top notch therapists on the first try. So if this one doesn't work for you, seek elsewhere. Our first couples counselor was actually quite damaging to our relationship. He didn't understand the full picture and the extent of our problems.. and really, abuse. Our second counselor saw right through him. Just saying.

Don't give up. It'll get easier in time. Release those bubbles, one at a time. You're worth it!
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3