View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2020 at 01:51 PM

I think about how people use all these labels now, how if someone is a challenge right away that person is a narcissist

I think that is because we live in a very narcissistic culture. It is a breeding ground for narcissism...the whole posting selfies culture, people promoting themselves and their lives on all the media outlets, the celebrity culture etc.

I'm not using the term lightly. I think she is a covert narcissist. On the outside she appears very caring and altruistic. She is a fixer...and gets kind of intrusive and crosses boundaries. Maybe there are borderline traits but I think what this person hides is a very superior attitude.

This person worked part-time but did not go to college and create a career. I have struggled to establish a career but I have advanced education. So there might be envy...and that is mainly what she attacked...that I did not create a full-blown career although I have held responsible positions, freelance etc. She also attacked me for being alone. Well, duh, I am divorced and live alone. Had a few post divorce dating things that didn't hold my attention. So yeah, I am alone. She also attacked me because I got into a bad dating situation. Well, this is pretty common with women coming out of a long marriage. I hadn't dated for 25 years and there are a lot of creeps out there.

Narcissistic rage rant. You see, this seems to fit. The whole thing started because she is always making stuff up...like how she said I repeatedly told her I had to be out of my apartment. When I confronted her and said perhaps she had memory issues...that ignited the whole thing.

It was like she ripped off a mask and I had no idea who she was. Now perhaps she is very stressed by Covid 19...as we all are...and she was unable to maintain her usual facade.

So what I think is that although this was a long friendship it was not a deep friendship. For instance, I had a very small and intimate wedding and didn't invite her because I had another social group at the time.

It seems to me she always shows up more when I am going through hard times because then I am very vulnerable.

We are talking about a life-long relationship...so it is...difficult to analyze. I mean we went through childhood together...and were very close...then teen years and I actually introduced her to her husband! I was dating the younger brother and arranged for her to meet the older brother and they ended up getting married before they were 20.

Then as adults with marriages, households, children, extended family...we had a lot in common. But after that not so much.

All I can say is in later years it always seemed to popped up in my life when I was vulnerable. Which kind of fits the narcissistic pattern. And yes...I was always a softer personality than her...not so materialistic or competitive.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes