View Single Post
Whereto52

Member Since Feb 2020
34 hugs
given
Default Apr 11, 2020 at 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap66 View Post
Allot of people will then sit on the diagnoses without going forward or back and this is because they are still using distraction, always bouncing to the next idea.. always trying to stay one step ahead of the unknown they might use distraction for many years as that all depends on their social situation, till eventually they have run out of excuses. These excuses and distractions don't have the strength they once had so they spiral and go into a dark place.

The lack of excuses, the lack of distractions put you squarely in the hands of your psych.
Now IMHO until you have nothing, until you are lost to who you are will be the only time you are ready. I'm sure that will come up for debate but im talking about Avoidance.

You cannot change who you are until you are desperate and lost, and in need for help. You can have the best advice in the world but if your not desperate enough... it will just fall on deaf ears... hence being mentally ready.

Until you are ready and desperate enough all you will do is dig a deeper hole using distraction as a shovel. Now, i think this is also a important part of growth because its slowly running you down till you are mentally broken.

I see it as that you can't change a strong brain, so it has to be burnt out.

We use distraction as a way to shift focus and we do it automatically and unknowingly.
Distraction is like a self mental floating mechanism to stop us from falling into a dark place.
I could say that this forum is a form of distraction.
Any thing that stops you from finding yourself is a distraction...
On the other side of the coin- the Avie forum is where you will find those who share the disorder and valuable information.
Even stuff that you might read today may not make any sense but may have a place in time when you need it.

Ok I see what you mean by the distractions. I always try to avoid the hard topics with everything I can find(even with a lot of drugs 2 years ago).
For now I try to read up on the disorder, as you told me.
Do you know of any good sites/ books that go into more depth than just listing the generalized dsm 5 criterias?
Whereto52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote