Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2020 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty shades View Post
Yes I think all our snakes are like this.

Yin and yang...

I think we are supposed to assess whether the snakes message is true for us and challenge him/her if he/she belittles us. We were programmed in our childhood and so was our snake.

I think the snakes ability to imagine what others think, is the most damaging trait. It is hard to spot it and analyse it before it invades us. Sometimes I worry that I have upset someone after not hearing from them. They were busy but my snake tells me they don't like me anymore and I am bad and useless. In the long run it turns out to be untrue but my snake is very cunning and convincing.
Good post dear Thirty shades.

Our primary care givers did not care about us and belittled us.

A child would internalise that lack of care, their inability to care, and feel that it is them who are ''bad and useless'' - they could not place blame or perceive a deeply flawed human who probably should never have been a parent... that would be too dangerous.

So if someone else appears not to care, whether this is real or perceived, especially if that person had appeared to care before... it sets our snakes programming off. As you said, usually the person is not like the primary ''care givers'' and is a decent human being who was busy rather than callous and cruel.

I don't know if this makes sense.

hugs and respect to you and your snake

Hugs from:
Rohag, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
Thirty shades