Wild Coyote
Legendary
Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Apr 12, 2020 at 05:11 AM

I've been meaning to mention Lifeline Program: Low Income & Discount Cell Phone Service | T-Mobile.
This may be similar to the program mentioned by MM..

There is also a program offered through Great Calls in conjunction with: Medicare Advantage, Medicare and Medicaid.
This program utilizes the Jitterbug phones, one phone being their Jitterbug smart phone.
Don't let the fact that they mention "seniors" a lot.

https://healthcare.greatcall.com/par...id-dual-plans/

My mom has this phone/service plan.
The smart phone is easier to use . It still offers many features/capabilities. it offers more features than my current phone. You can add any APPS in the Google Play Store.
It also has a help/panic button should you need help in an emergency.
The Great Calls service center is available 24/7. if you need help with your phone, just dial a 3 digit number and a representative will respond. If they cannot talk you through the steps of what you'd like to do with your phone, they can remotely access your phone, with your permission, and will assist you remotely.

Their smart phone costs approx $150.00 and the phone is yours.

I don't have the details on exactly what they offer to Medicare and Medicaid recipients. They advertise they are trying to make telemedicine available to all.

I am very impressed with their phone.

If I was looking for a smart phone, I'd see what they have to offer in conjunction with my federal/state insurance plans.

If I was not looking for a smart phone, I'd look into a Kindle Fire. There are new ones and refurbished ones at Amazon.

If I think of additional options, I'll let you know.

I hope something fits your needs.

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Fuzzybear, ~Christina