View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 12, 2020 at 02:00 PM

I do it every day. I don't think I am very good at it, but I'm not supposed to judge myself. There I go again...

I am wondering if people meditate. If so, does it really help? How? With what specific symptoms is it helpful? How often do you do it? How do you do it? If you don't meditate, why not?

I lay on my bed on my back and just breathe the way I was taught. Kind of the Thich Nhat Hanh thing, though I don't use the same words he suggests because my breaths are too short usually to do all that.

I have found it incredibly helpful mostly when I am totally psychotiic and/or manic and out of control. It will calm me if I just stick with it. It will lower anxiety and panic, as long as I hang with it for a few minutes.

Anyway, it has been a real life saver for me, as I am not on any anxiety meds anymore. Can't stand Klopnopin and Buspar was worthless for me. Tried several others, too. This works better for me.

Anyhow, that's it. Thanks for any input!!

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, Blue_Bird, Fuzzybear, Rick7892, Sunflower123, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Blue_Bird, Fuzzybear, guy1111, Sunflower123, TunedOut