Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
1,520 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 13, 2020 at 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Client xx View Post
Awesome idea, I didn't realise how vulnerable I was in therapy.... People need to know what's ethical

This is such an amazing, ongoing thread. Every now and then I feel the need to add my 2 cents.

The thing is, about, say, making a pamphlet available in all the offices, etc - I am not sure how a neophyte CAN be prepared for the fraught minefield that is therapy. Personally when I started out I had no clue. I just thought that I would go to the appointments, pay, and then one day magically be cured.

I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA of the effort that would be required from me personally, or the many many things that could go wrong, or how much this very one-sided, intense relationship could mess with my already very troubled mind. I thought they were supposed to help me, and that was it.

You can try to warn people, but I'm not sure that anything short of the actual experience can show you the desperate intensity of the whole thing. Probably the best you can do is try to prepare people to have reasonable expectations, if that is possible.......

Hugs from:
HD7970GHZ, SalingerEsme

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ, here today, Out There, precaryous, SalingerEsme