MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Apr 13, 2020 at 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
MsLady, it sounds like you need to know a diagnoses before you decide to leave him or not. So many people go right to that narcissist label when behaviors could be due to other challenges entirely like being on the autism spectrum, a partner having aspergers, or a partner that had adhd and another learning challenge due to brain wiring.

What you need to pay attention to are his behaviors that are creating a lot of unhealthy dysfunction in your home. Actually, it may be helpful for him to spend time with a therapist, he may find he struggles with adult adhd and with some medication and therapy he can inprove his behaviors and attitudes.
My partner does have ADHD. I know a fair amount about Autism and believe he does not have it at all. I know there's a bit of behavioural cross over between NPD and ASD.

I understand what you're saying. It doesn't really matter what the dx is. Behaviours speak for themselves. It's not so cut and dry for me, though. I am able to tolerate a lot more if the behaviours are associated with some type of condition. I have a lot of empathy and understanding. Right now, I'm just starting to see "abuse". I want to dig deeper. If we didn't have children, I would have walked away. Right now I am unable to.. and not just because of the children.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote