View Single Post
MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Apr 15, 2020 at 03:40 PM

I can relate here. I used to have regular nightmares that took place in my childhood home. My dreams were always about an intruder in the house, or being stuck in the basement, or something horribly graphic taking place upstairs, etc.

My childhood was not a safe place so it made sense all nightmares took place in that home.

What helped me was understanding my childhood and the people in it. My fears came in through my dreams because there were a lot of unknowns until I was near 40years of age.

My anxieties also has to do with harbouring a lot of shame and guilt. I learned that's a big piece when being raised with a narcissist parent plus an alcoholic. Even though the alcoholic sobered by the time I was 8years of age, and parents separated, the patterns we adapted to remained. After that, and as an adult, every single error I made became a shameful replay.. and often a lot worse in my head than in reality.

So my tip, I guess, would be to address the trauma that's been stuffed deeply into your subconscious.

I also believe anxiety is biological in the sense that certain foods/beverages/substances and sensitivities can increase symptoms of anxieties.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote