View Single Post
Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2020 at 04:57 PM

CBT would expect us to notice it and then challenge it. The therapists in this forest tend to get cross and/or bored if we are not significantly ''cured'' after 6 to 10 sessions. Unless we are paying privately they would usually discharge and label at this point if not before. Some private therapists are willing to talk to someone for longer than this. I do not feel that many of them are anywhere near up to date with ''current treatments'' and I question the ethics of those I have seen personally (one of them was definitely unethical.) So a thought I struggle with is how many therapists in this forest are ethical. They want us to open up and ''trust'' them.... for some people it takes a long time to trust a therapist. Trust may have to be earned, it does not come automatically from a paper qualification. Sorry about the rant Of course, it could be that things have changed in the last 9 months or so, I do not keep up to date with the latest goings on in this forest irl re therapists. Sorry if I sound cynical.

hugs and respect

Last edited by Fuzzybear; Apr 15, 2020 at 05:11 PM..
Fuzzybear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
Thirty shades