View Single Post
jtaylor81194

Member Since Apr 2020
48 hugs
given
Default Apr 15, 2020 at 09:28 PM

Well, I definitely experience a similar thing. I seem to switch in and out of these distinct moods, and I find that I can only do certain activities while in each mood. I also do a lot of writing (mainly fiction), and I find that unless I'm in my creative mood, I can't get anything out. I also have a social mood and an exhausted mood. These last two moods can get very extreme, like so exhausted that I can barely move my body (and spend the whole day in bed, not even watching TV or anything--just lying down) or so energetic that I CANNOT sit still. Sometimes these moods last days, and sometimes they last hours. I don't seem to have any control over which mood I slip into, but it always seems to be one of these three (quiet and creative, social and energetic, or exhausted and sad). Although I can't consciously pick out which zone I'm in, they do tend to be triggered by external events (most of the time). If something exciting happened, I tend to slip into my social mood; if past trauma gets triggered, I exclusively slip into my exhausted state (at least once the initial hypersensitive/paranoid/jumpy state goes away). I don't know if other people experience something similar, but I'd be really interested to find out.
jtaylor81194 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote