Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
2,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 16, 2020 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn09 View Post
Yes, those of us who can be easily hurt attract abusers like sharks! Human beings are predators and many people allow their predatory natures to rule them, seeking out those of us they consider to be "prey" on whom to inflict pain and damage. Based on my personal experience in life, there are more people out there who are willing to hurt you than to help you. We have to be very discerning about who we allow into our inner sanctums - who we allow ourselves to trust. Isolation is just protective mode - your safe place - the starting point from which you carefully and cautiously venture out to interact with others. I know all too well how you feel right now - I have had nothing but betrayal after vicious betrayal of my trust since the moment I became ill and disabled 10 years ago. I have also isolated myself as a result - but that's okay - I will learn to be more discerning (even at my ripe old age) before I venture out again. I tend to give people more credit than they deserve and trust them too easily - I'm revamping this philosophy and habit so that I won't appear to others as such easy prey!! This rose is going to grow some thorns! Maybe I should even learn how to growl like you - grrr....grrr...grrrr...ack...cough - I'll have to practice.

Well said! I agree 100%. Pretty hard not to become a misanthropist in this crazy dark world. And when we are abused over and over and over and over again - it becomes hard not to become jaded and mirror what these predators and psychopaths dish onto us. The moment we react to their abuses - they are ready to pounce and claim that we are the predator. The real predators are either overt of covert in their psychopathy. The worst are the covert - as they are so good at abusing us and carrying out Darvo smear campaigns to make the true victim (us) appear as the abuser (them).

There are good people out there.

Thanks,
HD7970ghz

"don't put all your eggs - in one basket"
"promote pleasure - prevent pain"
"with change - comes loss"
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote