HD7970GHZ
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
2,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 16, 2020 at 09:14 AM

Thank you for starting this thread Bpcyclist,

DocJohn, perhaps I am mistaken, but in the past I was told that when a decision is made by a moderator to delete a thread or a post, we cannot discuss it with other members. Is this still a rule?

If so, I realize that perhaps it might prevent arguments and or attacks against moderators and community members. It makes sense to avoid discussions for these reasons, but if a thread is truly helping others - and it is deleted due to content that is deemed negative or against forum rules, (not as a result of the content shared by the OP, but rather because of a few particular members who spark arguments / ad hominem attacks / debate), could the moderators instead choose to hide the thread temporarily, and work with the those who started the thread to delete whatever content is against the rules, rather than deleting the entire thread?

Not sure if this is already the procedure, but I would think this might eliminate some of the issues we sometimes experience surrounding eliminating threads or posts...

I hope everyone is staying safe.

Thanks,
HD7970ghhz

"don't put all your eggs - in one basket"
"promote pleasure - prevent pain"
"with change - comes loss"
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote