View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 16, 2020 at 12:43 PM

I do not have Borderline Personality Disorder and really only know of, personally, one person that does have an official BPD diagnosis (an old boyfriend of a good friend). I hope that anyone with Borderline Personality Disorder that reads this thread will not be upset by it. I recognize Borderline Personality Disorder as a mental health issue with various challenges, just like with bipolar disorder. I have read that many people with Borderline Personality disorder can find effective treatment through therapy (i.e. DBT) and they can also get some relief from various psychotropic medications.

I think that a lot of people with bipolar disorder have pushed away or lost friends because of behavior and struggles during mood episodes.Perhaps the circumstances are often different than the ones relating to Borderline Personality disorder, but some are similar or even the same. I bet a lot of people with various anxiety disorders, unipolar depression, and other mental health diagnoses can say similar. All mental health disorders unfortunately have a stigma attached by some. Borderline Personality Disorder seems to sadly have an especially severe stigma, sometimes. Sometimes people with mental health disorders stigmatize people with other mental health disorders.

I wonder what the responses would be to this thread, if posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder forum, or in the general mental illness forum, where all could respond? I sort of doubt that people with bipolar disorder interact significantly more with those with a Borderline Personality disorder diagnosis than the general public.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist