View Single Post
1eonardo

Member Since Apr 2008
Default Apr 16, 2008 at 05:08 PM

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
sunrise said:
1eonardo, what does your wife want to do with her Ph.D. in Psychology? Depending on her career goals, she may find that there are very similar jobs that require less schooling. For example, if she wants to be a Psychologist who provides psychotherapy, she could still be a psychotherapist with just a master's degree. For example, she could get a master's degree in social work or psychology, and as long as she passed the psychotherapist licensing requirements for your state she could be in practice and reimbursable by many health insurance plans. My psychotherapist, for example, has a master's in Psychology and is licensed as a family and marriage counselor.

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

Well, first I would like to add that she is not trying to cut school... in fact, this research it's more for my own information than for her, as she is planning to go all the way and get her doctorate

Anyway, to answer your question, she wants to be a Neuropsychologist and she is planing to get her degree from Carlos Albizu University...

This is what I found by doing a quick search
</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>

CURRICULUM PLAN

The curriculum of the Psy.D. Program is derived from its mission, philosophy, training model, and goals as articulated above. The Psy.D. Program offers four concentrations: Child Psychology, Clinical Neuropsychology, Forensic Psychology, and General Practice.

The Clinical Neuropsychology Concentration is designed to train students in the assessment, management, and rehabilitation of brain-injured individuals as well as those diagnosed with degenerative brain disorders.

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

thanks
1eonardo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote