View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 19, 2020 at 08:01 PM

Hi Matthew01. You are a sweet husband to be so concerned about your wife and want to make her feel better. I'm sorry to read that when you try, she feels pain. Honestly, I have no idea how one might explain that. I have never, personally, experienced such a thing. We can't really know here if she is having some psychosis or not, or even bipolar disorder. We can't diagnose here. Does she have a psychiatrist or therapist? If not, I think it might be wise to have her consult with one. If she does, please do tell them about this concerning symptom.

Does your wife have an official bipolar disorder diagnosis? If not, what symptoms does she exhibit other than what you suspect is a form of psychosis?

Though I have heard people in the past say they liked "The Bipolar Survival Guide", I strongly recommend you not use that in lieu of professional mental healthcare, if she has none. If she does not have bipolar disorder, such a guide may not be applicable to her situation. Assuming you've read up on bipolar disorder, bipolar symptoms go beyond just psychosis. In fact, some people with some forms of bipolar disorder never even experience psychosis.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
fern46, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
fern46, Rick7892