View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 19, 2020 at 08:40 PM

If I were to watch this podcast on Facebook, how are you going to match my username to my name on Facebook? You won't even know I'm watching it unless I made a comment. And if I did make a comment, how are you going to know that the person on Facebook is me? Yes, certainly there are people out there who dox others, but there are plenty of security measures to take that can prevent that. And if you are still this concerned, then as you said, don't watch.

I just don't see how visiting the Psych Central Facebook page is somehow considered disclosing my real life information on PC. It's not. The Facebook page is a thing you can follow or not follow, but as someone who runs multiple Facebook pages for business myself, I don't have the ability to just see who visits the page (Facebook tells us who follows/likes us, not just who visits the page). Sure if you follow the page, it shows me you follow it, but I don't get access to your email or your username on another website simply because you followed a page on Facebook. And that's the administrator of the page. The general public certainly does not get that information either.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
amandalouise