View Single Post
guy1111

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Apr 20, 2020 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I read in what you have shared in other threads that you struggle with ptsd. Unfortunately, pstd is a disorder where an individual tends to experience more emotions than they want and they desire to be able to sit and talk out their often overwhelming emotions for comfort. The problem with that is that the average person doesn't understand ptsd, that a person is emotionally sensitive and is often affected by things the average person doesn't have problems with.

Some of the ptsd symptoms can come from a history of being disrespected or treated badly for things that were never your fault, but instead the other person was dysfunctional/disordered. This makes you more susceptible to feeling hurt when your wife dismisses things that are important to you.

Other posters including myself would like you to explain more about the single men your wife talks to, who are they and how is her discussions with them happening? This way posters can have a better idea of what is challenging you so much.
Thank you for your insights! I definitely see how the ptsd plays a part in this. I have found a lot of relief from journalling my feelings. I do this by keeping an audio journal during my commutes to work.

I appreciate what you are saying about how my wife doesn't seem to have a grasp on the intensity of the feelings that her actions can cause me to feel. I also read somewhere in here that women in general can have a hard time dealing with men when they share their emotions. Just like it is well known that men have a hard time dealing with women when they share their problems. We naturally want to fix them.

It's nice to just be validated here. Thank you very much!
guy1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Open Eyes