Thread: I’m confused
View Single Post
Julialuvbugde
Newly Joined

Member Since Apr 2020
Question Apr 21, 2020 at 12:17 PM

Is witnessing a loved one wither away and die able to be considered trauma? Especially from a PTSD perspective, because I feel as though my grandfather, whom I considered to be a father figure to me, passing right in front of me after me and my family members having to act as an aid to him for a week with no medical experience and being terrified my family and I would get infected from his C diff or that we could give him something such as the coronavirus, with being afraid that he or anyone of us could die at any moment was traumatic, but it could be something else so I was just wondering. I have barely been sleeping because I have nightmares about my family dying and I can’t help them. I am also terrified that if I go to sleep I will never wake up or that someone will need me while I’m sleeping and they may die if I can’t help them and check on them. I have experienced other types of trauma before, like how my ex was physically and sexually abusive, but even though this is different, my reaction to it still feels like trauma so I’m confused. If anyone has any insight, please let me know💕
Julialuvbugde is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks