View Single Post
rebecca1938

Member Since Jan 2015
44 hugs
given
Default Apr 22, 2020 at 10:18 PM

Hi everyone!
It’s been a while since I replied to this so I thought I would add rather than start a new thread.
I literally just learned about gray rock strategy. Has anyone tried this?
I have realized that my best guess would be that my newly 21 year old has either narcissistic PD or Borderline PD.
I have realized that she knows she can provoke a reaction from me and so I realize now that my best hope is trying out this strategy where I respond to her in as boring a way possible hoping that it stops her targeting me to get the drama she needs. I’m wondering if any of you have tried this?
I am trying to work out how I can have some kind of relationship with her but stay sane at the same time. Any advice is appreciated.
She literally baits me and she’s nasty and vindictive. There’s zero point anyone saying to parent her because I’m beyond that. Any slight criticism or asking her do something leads to a nightmare. I need to think about me now. She doesn’t love me and the things she says to me make my heart hurt. How do I live like that and be ok with it? If she were not my child I would ex-communicate her.
rebecca1938 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
beauflow, Toughcooki