View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Apr 23, 2020 at 02:20 PM

Hello June DeLacey: I don't believe I could be diagnosed as having ASPD. So I can't really comment on your post. But I noticed this is your first post here on PC. So I thought I would at least welcome you to Psych Central.

Actually, as another member commented a while back (in a post in this forum I believe) there don't tend to be many members here on PC who actually have a diagnosis of ASPD because people with that disorder tend to quickly run afoul of the Community Guidelines & get kicked off the site.

I've never actually received anything in the way of a genuine diagnosis myself although I've been kicking around the mental health care system where I live for over 20 years. So I have no idea what some mental health professional might suggest for me in the way of a diagnosis. But I think I pretty clearly have some narcissistic traits, although I doubt I could be diagnosed as having NPD either.

I am an atheist. I accept the explanation for the existence of life on earth that is provided by the theory of evolution. And, that being the case, I have no basis upon which to formulate a moral code. And I myself don't really have one other than that I don't think I would ever kill someone or commit a serious crime... that sort of thing.

I have from time-to-time though toyed with the idea of whether or not there could be such a thing as a spirituality of oblivion... in other words... a spirituality (which presumably would include some sort of moral code) based on the fact that there is no such entity as god & human beings are just another species of animal that happened to evolve on earth. I don't have an answer for that. But I thought, since you raised the question of people with ASPD having moral codes, I would share these thoughts with you.

Anyway... thanks for posting this question here on PC. I enjoyed replying to it. I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote