View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Apr 23, 2020 at 02:38 PM

Hello max: I noticed this is your first post here on PC. Welcome to Psych Central.

I'm sorry I probably don't have any useful suggestions to offer you with regard to your dilemma other than to perhaps look into the possibility of on-line psychiatry services. I believe there are such options available on-line although I've never had occasion to avail myself of them. So I don't have any first-hand experience with them.

If you have health insurance, you might contact your health insurer & see if they can be of any help. Of course I realize things work differently depending on where a person lives. But in my own case, twice, my health insurer has been able to get me in to see psychiatrists when I could not make an appointment on my own (or could not get in in a timely manner.) One thing I have learned, over the years, is that my health insurer can make things happen I could never accomplish on my own. They wield a lot of power in the system. And, sometimes, it can be a lifesaver.

Anyway... those are the possible options that come to my mind. Perhaps other PC members will have other possible options they can suggest. I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Yaowen

Thanks for this!
max05