View Single Post
3rd rock
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2019
5,856 hugs
given
Default Apr 24, 2020 at 04:41 PM

I called in sick to work today due to the toxic work environment making my depression at work much worse. Yesterday the rampant favouritism and marginalization made me feel very sad and angry. I'm sick of other people who are very lazy and mean taking advantage of my work ethic and credit for my hard work. I'm also sick of many others who all work much less hard than me being given opportunities that I'm not. They know that I don't like my current assignment, but they keep me there every day even while others are given opportunities, sometimes permanent, to work in other assignments. Management insists that I should be thankful just to be working there at all, and react very angrily at the suggestion the company is not paradise on Earth. I feel like I have no way out. My psychiatrist has been saying I need to find a job elsewhere, although he acknowledges this is impossible right now due to mass unemployment and businesses closed due to Coronavirus. But I also can't withstand the toxic work environment and the bullying. I have nowhere else to go, but I can't stay. I have no way out of this. I've been trying to push through it until my writing career takes off, but that seems like it'll never happen.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Breaking Dawn, Sunflower123, tigerlily84