View Single Post
Tankjoe

Member Since Apr 2020
Default Apr 25, 2020 at 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unplugmealready View Post
Hey Rwl2006, sorry I completely missed this post with all the covid stuff going on.

I have always been a day dreamer and I always had a tendency to zone out if someone was talking to me for a long time. Especially if it was something I really should've been focusing on.

I also have a tendency to spend like 3 months making craft things, then swap to building PC's and making custom linux builds, then doing something else and so on.

And my memory is atrocious. Ask me to do something while passing me in the corridor? I'll agree to it, but you bet I'll have forgotten it by the time I get back to my desk.

I see so many videos on ADHD (By the way, I've kinda gotten sidetracked on that and stopped all of a sudden recently) and it almost feels like others that have ADHD have very similar traits, but maybe turned up even more than me.

Maybe I have a mild version of it? I dunno. But I do know that I look at these traits and think "yup, that's me".
Hi,
Somehow I ended up here reading your description above and like you thought "yup, that's me".
I'm on furlough at the moment because of the Covid-19, and just thinking on the prospect of going back to work. I find work mentally draining and increasingly difficult. My whole demeanour has changed for the better since I've had "time off".
To an extent you learn to adapt to your "mental deficiency" for want of a better description. Sometimes you don't, and sometimes with dire consequences.
Life seems a continual mental strain and you don't understand why you can't many of the things that appear normal to other people.
Life feels unfulfilling.
We do the best that we can but continually question why we struggle.
I suppose that's what brought me here.
I've wondered if I have ADD and a couple of online tests seem to confirm that I do. That brings me to the question "So now what?"

Just thought I'd share.
PS. Corny, but I've always known I was different.
Tankjoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote