View Single Post
IceCreamKid
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2011
306 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2020 at 09:17 AM

One of the ways has been being forced to attend meetings (online) that drag on and on and on because it would appear those scheduling them have nothing else to do. Another has been intrustion into my personal life under the guise of 'making us all feel better during this stressful time.' Yesterday was the final straw for me. The clueless organizer of this meeting demanded to know what we did in our off-hours, outside of work. One woman clearly did not want to answer. I could see the anger on her face as she just sat there. After being prompted again ("Well?!?! Tell us!!") she finally, tersely said, "Nothing. I do nothing." That wasn't good enough, and she was shrieked at to elaborate. Finally she spit out the bare bones of an answer. Good grief! My mind raced to come up with the blandest, shortest answer that would satisfy the overbearing clueless woman running this meeting, without revealing anything personal because I don't think I should have to do that and I think the organizer of the meeting is an unmitigated creep who is misusing her position to be overbearing to people who are not in a positon to object. I am deliberately leaving out some details here. When it was my turn she acted as though she did not hear clearly what I said and made fun of what she thought I'd said. There were uncomfortable titters from the rest of the attendees. I just repeated what I had said and let her ridiculous comments run out. I told a friend of mine about the meeting and he said, "If she pulls that again, asking you what you do in your personal life, say: "I drink." Too many more meetings like this last one, and I might just start doing that.
IceCreamKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, TunedOut