Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2011
306 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2020 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post

Sometimes these kinds of activities just waste time and I have seen some employees ask for this kind of thing because they want to avoid the real work that needs to be done. I am sorry that this woman was not given a pass on something so not related to getting the job done.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that more people are drinking (and probably getting high too) on the job as they work from home. This organizer is not helping the trend.
I'm sure you are correct; and there is a significant amount of that sort of activity at this workplace under non-Covid conditions. However, I have never participated in any of it, partly because I actually do have too much work to do in a day, on a daily basis to waste time, but also because my workplace is not my social life and my boss and coworkers are not my friends. It should not be required that it become my social life. If all the woman who runs this ****show wanted was to 'waste' time, we could sit on camera and discuss business, informally. Instead she is deliberately choosing to force us to reveal our personal lives, and not just in this meeting although it was in this one where she called out that other woman. The details I have left out raise the ick factor way up. And yeah, I've already seen more than one person loaded in the various meetings I have had to attend. To go back to the ick factor--the other part of this situation that really skeeves me out is there are people who are not employees in the room with the attendees listening to every word that is spoken.
IceCreamKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut