Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2020 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post
I feel like I should clarify....so for example I go grocery shopping early in the morning I avoid the crowds and don’t see people with kids...so I avoid the kids yelling or the parents yelling at the kids.

I don’t watch the local news, instead I read the news so I can be selective to the good.

My Instagram is filled with flowers, birds and trees.

If you avoid the most negative things it’s a lot easier to be positive about people.

If you see all of the darkness it’s very hard to remain positive.

I think I’m also helped by having kind of a meh memory, I have a tendency to forget stuff after six months or so I have my photos to remember by and that’s already selective.

Another alternative is the meditation of a tree dropping leaves in the river. As each leaf drops you see it flowing gently downstream. Attach each thought you have to a leaf and watch it flow gently downstream. The goal is to passively watch your thoughts float away. You don’t judge whether they are negative or positive just watch them pass by, it’s very zen and you can apply it to any thought you’re having. It doesn’t magically spiral you into the positive but it takes the negative into neutral territory.
I thought your metaphor was eloquent and spot on.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Sometimes psychotic