View Single Post
Erika275

Member Since Apr 2020
Default Apr 26, 2020 at 09:41 AM

In almost all the serious relationships I've been in throughout my life after a period of time with that person I lose sexual desire for them.im married now to a wonderful man and I'm happy but I no longer desire him.The sexual acts themselves are not really the problem,although I could take it or leave it I'm happy to do it but it's when it comes to a passionate kiss I find it makes me uncomfortable, I just don't want it,presumably because a kiss is a passionate act, something you do when you are really still "Inlove" with the person.

Ive read all sorts of articles and books on similar topics such as pair bonding, and the maddona ***** complex,anything I can find really about this sort of thing and I know that it is natural to that the passionate feeling is chemical and only a stage of a relationship but this feeling of not wanting to kiss is just an awful
feeling it's unsettling, almost like we're too close to be kissing passionately.I've also ended another long term relationship because of this same feeling and regretted it for years after so I know the true value of my relationship and don't want to lose this one.

My only other option would be to start all over again but it seems like all my relationships would have an expiry date when I lose the gooey Inlove feeling.There has only ever been one exception to this situation, my first love, very passionate and I always desired him but we were so volatile I'm guessing the "chemicals" never progressed and that's why.

Any theories would be much appreciated am i pretty normal,am I overreacting or is there a serious issue? Anyone feel the same?
Many thanks.x
Erika275 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote