View Single Post
Fury

Member Since Oct 2009
3 hugs
given
Default Apr 28, 2020 at 07:03 AM

I used to have to go to one specific place that helped me focus. It started as the library until kids started partying outside the front entrance. Then it was a coffee shop, but I kept spending too much. Eventually it became a table outside in the halls near a college classroom or office. A few times I had to wait until nighttime and sit in my front room while it looked completely different, and play music. Sometimes, I had to describe it to my kids as a way of understanding it by explaining it. Different study modes do exist, and if you're only using one study mode because you're used to it, then it's the same as feeding your brain the same dinner every night. Changing your environment can change the way your brain chemicals work. Changing your food choice also will jolt your senses awake. Eating chocolate or chewing gum will also increase focus.

Nowadays my personal option is to sit in the front room with the window shades open, the cats aloof, and "In this Moment" station blaring on iHeart radio through my headphones. Last month I needed candles, incense and Skyrim exploration suite on YouTube.

Take your brain on dates and it will be happy to declutter for you. Best analogy I have to describe it.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Fury is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Gestaabo