Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2020 at 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1111 View Post
Ya, you really can't change a person. No matter how hard you squeeze.
I now think there are some fallacies in Esther Hicks law of attraction philosophy but I did like the advice she gave on this Youtube video ( YouTube) about how to not allow others to get you down:
It feels a little confusing to you because in your scenario here, you were feeling good until they were not feeling good and then they dumped their not feeling good into your feeling good then you didn't feel good so it feels like they are the reason that you don't feel good but there was something that happened before any of that happened and that was you had a vibration of expectation about what you were going to get from that person. You know what's really an important thing to realize is that your vibration is where you last left it on every subject so since that's something that often happens, it comes to be a practiced vibration. That's what a belief is, it's a vibration or thought that you continue to think. Expectation and belief are just practiced thoughts. So the remedy is you've got to think other thoughts even though those are the most obvious, logical thoughts and that feels annoying, it makes you want to yell, "Why do I have to do the calibrating--that's the one causing the trouble." We say because you are the attractor to you. Sometimes you have to step back away from it; it's nice when you can get away but while you are away, if you can do something to get out ahead of your next encounter by activating in yourself deliberately things about that relationship. In other words, we can feel that you're not ready to walk away from that relationship. Sometimes you are. Sometimes you trip over something so many times and you calibrate so often...when someone in your world keeps giving you the residual stuff that you keep trying to clean it up eventually you will clean it up enough that one of two things will happen: either they will join you in your non-resistance or the law of attraction will bounce them off. But what happens to so many of you -- you don't like the idea of being bounced off from anyone even though they are miserable to live with...So rather than hold your own, and call them to you, you calibrate to them and complain about it. So you just sort of kind of have to decide that it matters to you enough to feel good that you're going to find a way to do it more and more...

The part of the above quote that I think is helpful is that, in relationships, we can get into certain patterns with people that can be hard to shake. If we start seeing their flaws or feeling negatively about their flaws, it can become our main thought about them rather than what we love best about them then it wrecks the relationship. When this happens we really have to either keep trying to change our unhelpful thought patterns or walk away. I think is best to determine as quickly as you can whether you are going to commit to changing your thought patterns or walk away. The situation and your free will determines the choice. Don't be afraid to choose. In the past, I have struggled with choosing what I should do about this situations but now I realize that that stemmed from looking back to the past rather than forgiving everyone involved including myself (you can forgive but still walk away when it is appropriate) and moving forward trusting that I did the best I could and that it would all work out. So in the case of your wife flirting, try not to look back to the flirting in the past but try to value yourself enough to call it out when it happens or walk away if she goes over the line. Since you are choosing to stay, try not to expect her to be this way, but rather, decide what you will or won't put up with and stick to it as best you can. When you stand up for yourself in a reasonable way it will build up your self esteem immensely.

Last edited by TunedOut; Apr 28, 2020 at 08:32 AM..
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guy1111, Open Eyes