View Single Post
signs

Member Since Jun 2019
7 hugs
given
Default Apr 29, 2020 at 02:24 AM

Sure i say no.

My first pdoc was total failure. Sorry for saying like this. She studied psychiatry, and didn't know how to treat bipolar disorder. I was in severe depression and told she won't change my meds. Changed psychiatrists.

Second one i tought was good. But due to misunderstanding, we had a conflict and she threatened me. Told if you won't wait for 3 weeks (i was without any mood stabiliser) and you'll get worse, I'll send you to inpatient. She refused to help me. So i don't want pdocs like that and also changed.

My third one thinks my generalised and social anxiety is a part of personality and won't give AD for that. Few days ago, I told her i need it because anxiety is so severe, i cant take it without anxiolytics. I understand she wants the best for me, but i wrote her a letter that I'll use for next appointment, telling more avout my anxiety. I told no doc, i need AD because i wont wait for years of psychotherapy for my issues to be solved. I need something now. And she told, ok, let's see how you do, and if the problem is so severe, I'll prescribe you an AD by next appointment.

So, to say no is healthy. You've your own opinion, pdocs should communicate with patients. Cheers
signs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
*Beth*