View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 29, 2020 at 01:06 PM

I can't remember a specific example of when I've said no to my pdoc, but I am sure I have. I know that I would if I really felt strongly about it. But of course I do listen to his arguments and give them careful consideration. I do also try to acknowledge when I'm in a mental state where I need someone to make the decision for me.

I have absolutely scolded my pdoc (and even some tdocs) in the past. My pdoc can be a real wet blanket and grinch on occasion, and sometimes he's so old-fashioned that I really feel strongly that he should grow with the times. Luckily, my relationship with my psychiatrist is so strong, that we can both get away with what we say, for the most part. Especially if we're right. I never hold any grudges against him for things he's said/done. Ditto the other way around.

When it comes to saying "no", sometimes it's helpful to be prepared with reasons to back up the "no". Other times, if we don't feel up to presenting arguments (or there's fear of a strong unwelcome debate), a firm "NO!" should occasionally be enough.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi