View Single Post
BoxTurtle44

Member Since May 2020
Default May 01, 2020 at 11:24 PM

Hi all. New here. I have a family member I have been trying to help for about 5 years, since she was 15-16. Honestly, she's always been pretty volatile with her emotions. I am not sure what her diagnosis would be because she refuses to see anyone.

I am the one in the family who has always been there, never bailed on her. Many people have pointed out that she treats me the worse of anyone. Any paranoia seems to be directed at me. For many years, I just kept trying to help and did everything I could think of to get this person some help.

I'm leaving out a lot, but to get to the point. This last year, things have turned pretty dark. I believe there may be some harder drugs used that I don't know about.

Long story, short, this family member has become rather fixated on me, blaming me for everything wrong in their life. I will receive sometimes 30 texts a day when I have not even spoken to the person. Some of them don't make sense. Lots of name calling, demanding to pick up the phone, accusations of things that seem really out there.

Last week, this person destroyed some of my things in a strange way. She has always been vindictive to the point that it is disturbing-holding grudges, plotting revenge. However, this last incident really, really scared me.

I actually left and moved in with a friend. No one knows where I am at. My family member texts me quite frequently accusing me of things that I could not possibly be involved in or have any control over. I'll be honest, I am terrified of this person right now. The behavior is so detached from what is really going on and it seems to have become an obsession. I have always been supportive, so I am not sure how I became the scapegoat for all things bad.

I have no idea what a diagnosis would be. Reading through the criterias it seems to probably be anti-social disorder, but I honestly don't know.

My questions are what can I do to get this person to stop? What am I doing to be such a focus point of this behavior? What should I do to stay safe?

I have even thought of finding a new job somewhere and moving. Since the strange incident with my things, I am afraid this person is going to find out where I am staying and come over. I don't know what to do. Can anyone please help me with some advice?
BoxTurtle44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MsLady

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks