View Single Post
MuseumGhost
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2012
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 02, 2020 at 10:53 PM

Yes, we're actually saving money throughout this last few months. Not having to drive as much (and gas is inexpensive right now), has helped a lot. Making more meals from scratch out of necessity saves us even more. Not having as much laundry to do, that saves on electricity and water.

I was really worried how my husband would react to being home a lot. His job is very physical, but he's his own boss and he loves that aspect of it. He's coping quite well, and has even developed a bit of a mellow attitude over the last few weeks. He's been helpful around the house without being asked. And he's gone with me on walks, which is how it always used to be. That's a huge relief for me, because he is normally a workaholic who is often very unhappy stuck at home. It's a very good thing to know we're bonding throughout this time, and not getting on each others nerves as I feared we would.

I'm accomplishing more with him around, because it is a motivating thing. He is pretty tall, so he can help with a lot of tasks that I couldn't do on my own without a massive ladder. We're laughing more than we used to. It's all been pretty amazing.
MuseumGhost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Goforward, mote.of.soul, Sunflower123, Travelinglady