View Single Post
Raindropvampire
smiling musical soul

Member Since Mar 2010
1,837 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2020 at 12:21 AM

Sometimes you just have to let the dishes soak and try again later. I'm sorry your arm is so sore. Is it a strain or could you have done something more significant to it? You may have to have it looked a to make sure it's not something serious like the rotator cuff.

I know it's not a permanent solution and not environmentally conscious but sometimes ya gotta do what's best for you so have you thought about paper plates, cups and disposable silverware? Cut down on dishes as much as possible so you have less to do and more time for your arm to heal. Maybe look at meals that are just a one pot meal like soups and things so you have less cleanup from cooking.

Also remember little steps can equal a long journey. Even if you just manage to tidy a little as you walk around it all adds up sooner or later. My mom has trashed my car(I'm sharing with her) so every time I'm going to walk past a trashcan I grab SOMETHING out of the car even if it's just one little old napkin. Slowly the crap pile in the car is going down but I've accepted that it's a fight I'm not going to win overnight because she will continually add to it day after day. But as long as I'm making my "tiny steps" every time I walk past a trashcan I'm putting a dent in it

Remember above all else be gentle with yourself. YOU deserve just as good care as you give everyone else.

Thanks for this!
unaluna