Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2020 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie60 View Post
Good morning AzulOscouro,

I'm in Southern California and working. Many of my coworkers are allowed to work from home, but the essential workers such as myself must show up for work. I have noticed my coworkers are under a tremendous amount of anxiety/stress. Our administration works from home for safety purposes yet when an essential workers asks to leave work 30 minutes early they give them a hard time. We are not notified if an employee goes home sick or an employee has COVID-19. Employee confidentiality. I find the isolation at home difficult. My anxiety has been high during this time, but I'm trying to cope.

I try to take drives out to the Forest area which is beautiful. I love nature and the beautiful flowers and plants flourishing at this time. I only go to work, grocery store and take walks in my complex. I live in a 55+ community and many who live here are abiding by the rules-staying home.

Azul, in your original post you stated Spain is looked down upon in Europe. Why does this happen? We have issues here as well.

Take care,

Maggie
Wow! I can’t believe it. How are some companies so miserable with the workers. It’s suppose they have to give facilities to workers to avoid they become infected with the virus.
My partner had to voluntary reject to work during the hardest period of the pandemic because the boss didn’t apply safety measures. He can afford it but not many of his co-workers.

Maggie, I’m not sure if I understood your question well. Correct me if I misinterpreted it. You are asking me why my government delayed a lock down, right?
I think we took measures very late. It was March, 8th and still there were demonstrations in the street.
People coming and going from one part to another, within national and international territory.
We saw what happened with Italy. Another of the countries that receive more visits. It was only a matter of putting two and two together and see that here, it was gonna happen the same.
I don’t know if I answer your question.
In my country happens a little similar to the states from the USA. There are pretty autonomy belonging to the different territories, here known as Communities, and most of the cases, it’s not seen with good eyes when there’s a general order from the government.

I think it’s soon to assign responsibilities but expect more from the ones who rule us and who are supposed to count with the best experts.

Stay safe! Beautiful place you are in, btw.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)