Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 05, 2020 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Oh I am very much on the planet Earth, I think my view is in fact very realistic. I don’t think I conveyed my message well.

What I was trying to say that you cannot generalize that boys are taught this and girls are taught that and what to expect of each gender.

It all depends where you live, what’s your culture, religion, socio economic level, what country, what region within a country etc etc There are many factors involved.

I know ton of families where wife and mother is abusive, not men at all. And we see men sharing it on this forum, although men are less likely to share being abused by women

And what about homosexual couples? How is this men taught this and women taught that plays out for them? If all men taught certain way, would two men just perpetually abuse each other? And what about two women?

I know you didn’t mean to generalize but scenarios of “boys taught this or girls taught that” doesn’t really hold the universal truth everywhere and in all circles and all groups of people.
I’m the one who is not being very lucky expressing myself.
Thanks for sharing.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote