View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2020 at 03:23 PM

I don’t think there is any kind of obligation to celebrate anniversaries especially if you are not feeling too great. Honestly I know people in great marriages who aren’t particularly concerned with anniversaries. I’d not worry about it, you can celebrate your marriage on a different day. When things are better.

He can’t possibly be oblivious that you think your marriage needs work. I’d not be faking it. Married couple has to be a team. You have to have the same agenda to make it work. Having frank conversation and coming up with mutually agreeable solution is a good first step. Doesn’t matter if it’s anniversary or not. There should be enough connection between you two to be on the same page.

When I had my divorce I gave my ex no time to think. I announced that I am done and we need to work out custody arrangements right away. He was oblivious. Don’t know how, I mean he was not deaf or blind, but I never spelled it out. He thought it was not fair and we had to talk and work things through. Nope. I was done. He held it over my head for few years that I never gave us any chance. My only excuse is that I was very young and didn’t know any better.

Well divorce was the right choice. We weren’t a good match and in fact I believe it was good for our daughter because she grew up not witnessing bad marriage and could develop good relationship with both parents separately and grow up well adjusted. Otherwise who knows how she’d grew up. But I know that ambushing the person is not the best way to conduct business. Give the person fair chance

If you feel your marriage is on the rocks he needs to know. He then can make a choice to work or it or not. Likely he’d like to improve and make changes. . If you pretend that things are great, then he isn’t given a chance. If you are afraid to be honest, then it’s a problem. You shouldn’t be afraid

I’d not be faking. Not saying I’d start a fight but I’d share how I feel
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Have Hope