Thread: Manic again or?
View Single Post
EternalFlame

Member Since Jul 2018
Default May 07, 2020 at 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpforever1 View Post
I've been there and done that.Initially, you will be able to get alot of things done, but sooner or later you will become ragingly psychotic eventually, well, in my case this is what happens. Mania with psychosis is my downfall from not taking my medication. It made me homeless, made me hospitalized, made me disabled, made me unable to take care of myself, and made me hopeless. Please ask your doctor to adjust your medication if you are taking them. If you are not taking them, please take them. I become psychotic then lose my good judgment and forget to take my medication. I hope that you don't fall into the situations I've been. I wish you the best. Sleep is necessary for one's functioning and good health. I realize this after having been manic/ psychotic. My brain becomes fried after mania/ psychosis and the recovery time becomes longer after each episode. This last time it took me two years. Please seek help immediately and take your meds. The best solution may be to get a shot of an antipsychotic medication to calm you down immediately and help you sleep. Please ask your psydoc!!
I'm really sorry to hear that you had to go through such a lot. How are you doing at the moment? Are things stable or?
I am taking medications, a cocktail of antipsychotics and a mood stabiliser. I guess it was too early for me to quit the night drug that is quetiapin. I just felt much more stable and healthy than ever so me and my doc decided to get rid of it as it was impacting my functioning during the day. As a result - no sleep. I feel like cleaning all the time and also there's a tune spinning in my head non stop which is very disturbing, even during the night. Today was the first night again on quetiapin. I finally got some sleep which I'm quite happy about. Hopefully it will stay this way. I guess I'm lucky because my husband checks my meds intake every day. This is a habit now. First it felt a little embarassing, but now I know this can stop me one day from quitting my meds. And I swear I have these thoughts every now and then...
EternalFlame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty