View Single Post
K0123

Member Since Apr 2020
59 hugs
given
Default May 07, 2020 at 01:38 PM

It's just such a frustrating thing, being very empathetic and living and being together in an intimate relationship with someone who seems to be so oblivious that others exist basically and that he has an impact on his surroundings.

And if he does something that hurts another he seems to put the blame elsewhere and he tends to get upset at others when he hurts them. I don't believe he ever learned to take responsibility for his actions. So I think he internalizes his experience instead of facing things.

His mother still coddles him today and he's about 34. She's reliant on him because "she's lonely."

He's a good human and all, just seems self-centered due to his upbringing I believe. And because he learned to cope by blaming the world (everyone's a bully in his mind), I believe he never learned empathy, or just isn't that way, he just feels sorry for himself.

I'm burned out and coping by closing myself up from him. I try to communicate, I have over the years, but he just doesn't seem to get it.

I'm not sure this relationship can last much longer. I've grown bitter, sad and unforgiving.

I've done more than I can offer at this point.

K0123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Fuzzybear