View Single Post
scarcejoy

Member Since Jan 2016
5 hugs
given
Default May 07, 2020 at 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelyinmyheart View Post
Your last sentence says a lot -'it is a way for me to cope with her absence'. You're still grieving for her and that's totally understandable given how important she clearly was to you and knowing how deeply she understood you. Nearly two years isn't actually that long when it comes to losing someone who mattered so much. As you say, looking at the photos helps you to hold onto her but sounds like you want to move on and it's preventing you from doing that?

I'm assuming that going back to see her isn't an option or you don't feel you need therapy now? Looking at the photos and having the fantasies show how important she still is and maybe over time as the grief becomes easier to deal with the need to look and to fantasise will get less bothersome. If they don't, it might be worth considering how you can use these very deep feelings and implement them in your life now. You fantasise about going on a date - could you start meeting people if you're not already in a relationship? Could you use the love you feel for her and work on caring for yourself and making a future for yourself? If you can distract yourself by focusing on other things the need to look at the photos may become less problematic.

I hope things start to feel easier very soon.
I think the only way for me to lower the frequency of me constantly thinking about my previous therapist is to go on dates and eventually in a relationship. With this damn virus, that is not possible.
scarcejoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TeaVicar?