View Single Post
lady411

Member Since Feb 2018
2 hugs
given
Default May 07, 2020 at 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
What I am really struggling with at the moment is my anniversary tomorrow. How can I celebrate and put on a smile, when my heart is breaking, and when I am thinking realistically that I may need to walk away from my marriage?

What do I do? What do I say to him? Honey, I am. not feeling celebratory today.. can we delay our celebration? Because frankly, our marriage is on the rocks, and I do not know right now if we're going to work out. This is a wait and see kind of thing.

This would be the 1st time i would be revealing to him that in fact, our marriage is in trouble and is tenuous. I have not revealed that to him so specifically. It was implied more subtlety through my ultimatum yesterday, but he may not be aware of this fact.

So I do not know if it's a good idea to drop that bomb on him, right on our anniversary. But it's the truth of the matter. So do I keep my feelings inside and to myself right now? Or do I honor my feelings, and drop this bomb on him?

I also went thru similar as our anniversary was less than a month ago and we were not doing too well. Our older daughters made it easier by making us a celebratory cupcake.
The way I figure is that if you’re definitely not going to divorce on that day and you both weren’t for sure decided on separating then why not use it as an opportunity to enjoy a nice dinner and maybe open some type of dialogue about your current situation. Or not. Perhaps just put your differences aside and take a day off all that tension you’ve been building up.
Just a thought.

Last edited by lady411; May 08, 2020 at 12:15 AM..
lady411 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
giddykitty, Have Hope