Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 08, 2020 at 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady411 View Post
I’m so sorry you had such a difficult anniversary. I totally empathize with you and completely understand you for wanting to close off and shut down. But I don’t think he will figure it out for himself. From what I’ve read it sounds like he is completely oblivious of how you are truly feeling. And you would be right in thinking that this is his problem entirely. Because I’m sure that you have tried to express your thoughts and feelings. He is the one who is lacking compassion for his wife.
Please try to find some help for your depression. I know therapy has really helped me recently.
You sound like a strong and courageous woman. Focus on taking care of yourself before you make a decision as huge as divorce. Try doing things for yourself that will enrich your growth spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.
Thank you for your posts and for your empathy.

Like I had written above, one more time of this, and he either gets help or I'm done and I'm out and he has a divorce on his hands. I will not put up with this in a marriage.

And yes, I am shutting down a bit and feel pushed away. I am getting treatment for my depression already, but because of the pandemic, I have not been able to see my therapist, unfortunately. But I am on medication at least.

I am judging for myself how best to handle things. Every situation and person is unique. He will figure out that something is wrong, and he probably will pull it out of me at some point.

We did manage to have a good night together for our anniversary, though his stomach has been ill for the past week and his shoulder is in severe pain, so no intimacy, yet again. I am starving for intimacy at this point, though we do cuddle throughout the night.

Thanks again for your kind words.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; May 08, 2020 at 02:25 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote