View Single Post
HelloWorld95

Member Since Nov 2019
Default May 08, 2020 at 06:08 PM

I told my dad my emotions about my former stepmom who passed away years ago (after a long marriage) and it all got ignored. It’s like all the things she did to me were forgotten.

Now, I didn’t have a terrible upbringing. But there was constant emotional and mental abuse. I lived in fear from her and I expressed this along with other emotions to my dad, and he completely ignored them. I expressed him things I’ve kept trapped for my whole 24 years on earth. Same with my mom but she too says “I remember it differently”

She would spank me anywhere on the thigh or butt or open handed hit my head and yell “you stupid” and stuff like that. I got around to telling them all the pain I’ve felt from their parenting and all that was said was “I don’t remember. It didn’t happen like that. Do you remember how mean you were?”

I’ve been diagnosed with aspergers too.

It’s so gut wrenching that those were the remarks, because I spent so long feeling like that and remembering it for it to be dismissed. My mom did however say “I already apologised” but it doesn’t mean I forget.

My dad has been grieving my stepmom passing for 4 years now. But just because she died, it’s like I’m supposed to somehow magically get over all the damage she had done to me on multiple occasions (emotional and mental Damage only).

Don’t get me wrong, she had amazing moments where she showed her love, but she too was mentally ill (I never knew that until recently though).

My mom would tell me this “I love you. I just don’t like you” and now, that’s how I feel about both my mom and stepmom (who passed 4 years ago). My dad has always been that star in my life whereas my mom and stepmom always had a rocky relationship.

This sucks so much I kept this in for so long and this is the response they both gave. But figures, when I came out as gay, my mom made sure I knew she doesn’t like my “choice”. Yet for me, I never saw it as a choice, just me finally accepting me cause trust me, I was trying hard to live life straight. Tried to pray it away since I was 12, every night crying about it 2-3x a week. And after going through that for so long I finally came out at 24 (6 months ago)and she just said “you know what the bible says”. Anywho this isn’t about that (as I can imagine many others feel the same way as my parents). Just goes to show I should’ve expected their response like that (my dad accepted new fully btw)
HelloWorld95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Abusedbysister, Bill3, CranberryBubbles, MsLady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Abusedbysister, Bill3, Skeezyks