Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 09, 2020 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpforever1 View Post
I got mostly good reviews but my 6am student complained about me. All we did was do introductions and she complained I talk too fast, etc. So, I have to be careful. My other evaluations were positive. I had a meeting with the manager. He said , yeah, we are happy to have you on the team but we have to accommodate our customers. It is the last time I am thinking introductions are not going to count against me. I had not even taught her yet. The student is an *****. I have to teach her still. She is a living nightmare. I say duh duh and she thinks it is a word. I can't believe she is that dumb. But, she is. Oh well, I can't win them all. I am not going to worry too much about it. I was going to tell my family but they have their own problems. So, I am just venting here. I don't think I am that bad as an employee. But, she made it sound like I was rude and uncaring. I was just doing an introduction to myself. What are you expecting? I hold your hand and we say this is A for apple B for boy. Some of these customers were taught English in school. The biggest phrase they can say is my name is duh duh. It is a shame but, I guess, this is why I have a job. What a living nightmare. I am being expected to teach her to speak conversational English. Please wish me luck!! I need it. She complains then can't even say a decent sentence. Oh well, honey!! I will be ok. She just gets on my nerves. I was trying to be friendly but must have come off as aloof? whatever, the culture here is mind boggling. I hope I don't get another customer like her again!! I had to teach other students while dealing with the manager about addressing her complaints. It was stressful but I pulled it off somehow. I hope this does not occur again!! Sometimes, things happen for a reason. But, she did not even give me a chance to show my skills as a teacher. She just went to the management and complained about me. Whatever!!I am doing well otherwise until I meet her again on Monday. Good grief!! Well, it is just a job. I will be objective and just think this way.

I'm sorry you got a bad review. I also teach and sometimes those reviews can be extremely frustrating, especially when they're for "trial lessons" or things of the like. I absolutely abhor when students give me bad reviews. I empathize with that... Just saying.
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, zapatoes

Thanks for this!
bpforever1