Thread: Daddy issues
View Single Post
DimpleGS

Member Since May 2020
5 hugs
given
Default May 10, 2020 at 12:58 PM

I've dad issues as well. He controls my life!! He physically and verbally abused me. Verbal abuse is so common now a days that I don't even feel anything. I keep my distance. But I feel.guilty when he talks to me but I don't wanna, so I just reply without interest. Then he gets mad at my behavior. Which then irritates me. Because I'm trying but I cannot force myself and I'm trying to protect myself. I live with him so I've to control my irritation obviously and with a fake smile and attitude reply to.him.... it's not easy. But I cannot completely avoid him bcoz the family environment will become negative and everyone in the family will tell me only to behave properly... I'm just learning to control and keep my calm. I keep saying myself a few more years to.go only... I realised he is a narcissist and his behaviour says more about him than me. He is narrow minded and it has nothing to do with him. .. I cannot make him.understand, I have tried and now I give up... I can only control my reactions and my emotions. So I'm controlling that... So my point being just fake it for your peace, beavuse if we don't he or other family members will shout at us and it will just add to more stress..
DimpleGS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3