View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile May 10, 2020 at 01:01 PM

Thanks for posting this. I'm not the best member to be replying to it. (Hopefully there will yet be other PC members who will reply.) But I noticed you had yet to receive a reply. So I thought I would offer one.

You asked if it's okay to just be yourself. And, of course, the answer (I believe) is yes absolutely. In doing so, though, one does have to be aware that one is likely to attract some flack along the way, as they say. People just seem to feel the need to define everyone they meet into some type of box or other.

It also seems, to me at least, the concept of "personal pronouns" is still pretty young & not particularly well defined. I myself am an old man now. But I've waged a life-long struggle with my gender identity. However when I was young there were boys & there were girls. And if you didn't happen to fall neatly into one of those two categories, you darned well kept it to yourself if you knew what was good for you. It's nice to see things are changing now.

So anyway... my thinking with regard to your post would be just be the rainbow you are. Yes other people may fuss-&-fume because try as they might they just can't seem to squeeze you into one of those little boxes. But that's their problem. As long as you're okay with it, it's like the old saying goes: it's simply a case of mind over matter. As long as you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote