Thread: Poop
View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default May 10, 2020 at 01:01 PM

BethRags, how long have you taken the stool softener? It can take a few days to really start to help. I'd look at the max days of use on the laxative/stool softener package. Also, I think another helpful thing is to concentrate on anti-constipation diet, some relaxation techniques after some good amount of exercise, and trying (though it's very hard, I know) to stop thinking about the constipation.

I know this conversation is getting a little awkward, but another suggestion may be the position in which you sit, when "trying". See The Best Position To Poop In, According To Experts, Actually Makes A Lot Of Sense In many parts of Asia and I believe also in Turkey, they traditionally have/had squat style toilets, not the type we have. Obviously, nowadays, more Asians, especially in wealthier Asian countries, have the western style (and even better), but not necessarily in public places. I've lived in Asia and I know what they look like and how they needed to be approached. Think how you might go if you had to go in the woods behind a tree. A video talking about Asian squat toilets can be found at YouTube Some have flushing water, but in some places there is a tub or ditch full of water that you scoop water from for "manual flushing". I know to most the video seems gross, but that's how it is. I've encountered even worse. I remember giving a speech (as a teenager) at a school in Beijing, back in 1988, and their "WC" was not so "W" and not so "C" either. It was literally a building with a floor over a poop cellar, of sorts. It was as if a long 2X4 was missing and that's were "you went". No privacy stalls either. Warehouse outhouse. And back then (I'm sure it's changed) there was no toilet paper available. You had to have your own. I'm not sure all people there even had any.

Memories

Last edited by Anonymous46341; May 10, 2020 at 01:34 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote