View Single Post
stahrgeyzer
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2018
5,660 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 12, 2020 at 09:03 AM

Thanks DechanDawa. I agree, there is weakness in the present system. Unfortunately it's common for academics in every field to assume the present system or model is flawless. History proves there's never been such a thing as a flawless model. Models have always improved over time. I'm now motivated to one day improve this, somehow, but that's in the far distant future.

Susannahsays, regarding what you said about emotional manipulation, although I definitively don't think that's true in every case, what you said was actually more helpful to me than what my psychologist has given me in the past 3 to 4 months! I'll try to learn more about that, but at the time I was fighting for my life, so I think it would be pretty sick for my psychologist to get offended and all defensive about emotional manipulation when their client is close to committing suicide.
About clients stopping medication, again, I don't agree that there should be a strict set of rules to apply. That's like asking a robot to do the job of a judge. Being a judge requires advanced cognitive thinking that presently cannot be detailed in some written set of rules. Yes, one day computers will have cognitive thinking, but it will be extremely complex software and a massive dynamic database, not some set of simple written rules. I believe people have the ability to know when they're feeling emotionless, no motivation, no passion that makes them feel like life is pointless. I'm sure glad I didn't take your advice that time, no offense intended.

Anyhow, if my psychologist followed the guidelines of the present system, then the system is flawed and can be improved. She put me in a psych ward and then abandoned me, told me to find another therapist. Wonderful, I leave a psych ward without a therapist, support, no closure, severe trauma of being banded forever that makes me feel like I'm a bad person, so traumatized that I'll probably never see a therapist again. If the guidelines state that if a client is not getting better, then the therapist must terminate therapy forever, then wow what a childish dangerous rule that surely has caused the deaths of many human beings! Did it ever occur to my psychologist that the fact my life exploded with a lot of severe problems was the cause for my recent decline and not because of her?!!! What a dangerous rule! That really upsets me because my therapist put my life in jeopardy. To top it off she's not allowed to contact me at all to give me closure? LOL are you kidding me. I'm hoping the guidelines are a bit more complicated than simply saying if the client is getting better than terminate. If that's the case that the guidelines are more complicated, then my therapist told the malpractice board a distorted picture and seriously put my life in jeopardy.
stahrgeyzer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
DechanDawa, SalingerEsme

Thanks for this!
DechanDawa, SalingerEsme, susannahsays